ACT has implemented the Canada Summer Jobs 2019 and 2020 Implemented a self-supported project to train volunteers to provide mobile settlement and counseling support to Newcomers and introduce them to the local settlement provider agencies for further support and assistance. Volunteers received training and orientation of settlement: Full-time: 40 mainly the Newcomers. Part-time: 135 part-time volunteers are available to serve the Association around the clock on call.
African Centre Toronto helps immigrants and refugees adjust and integrate smoothly in Canada. ACT can help you:
- Address settlement and integration issues (e.g. unemployment, language training, housing, education, etc)
- Access services (e.g. healthcare, education, and social welfare)
- Address immigration related questions (e.g. citizenship, permanent residency, work permits, etc.)
- Apply for federal, provincial, and municipal government benefit programs including Child and Family Benefits, Old Age Security, Toronto Welcome Policy, etc.
- Cope with changes and pressures related to living in a new country
- Connect to government and community resources, programs and services