ACT conducts continuous workshops as information sessions and hope that at the end of this workshop, clients will be able to:
– Understand the Canadian company perspective of recruiting, hiring, resume selection, and interviewing.
– Locate advertised job postings from a variety of sources.
– Learn strategies to “cold” call a company.
– Write a “targeted” resume/cover letter that delineate their skills and experience(s).
– Apply for a job using their targeted resume/cover letter.
to common interview questions.
– Take the next step in their own job search.
For all inquiries regarding employment opportunities please submit your resume to email@example.com
STUDENT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Student placements are for individuals, who are required by their college or university, to complete a certain number of hours in their field of study to graduate.
Africa Center in Toronto is committed to providing meaningful learning opportunities to students enrolled in social work and counselling as well as other college or university-based professional programs such as administration, policy research, and communications.
Over the years, we’ve benefited from having students working at ACT in a variety of capacities, and welcomed the exchange of learning that occurs between students and staff. Placement students help us in executing our mission and vision of enhancing self-sufficiency, promoting well-being, and reducing poverty in our community so everyone has equal opportunity to thrive. We have a proud history of mentoring the next generation of community members and social service professionals.
▪ Must be enrolled in a post-secondary institute
▪ Enrolled in social services, social work, child and/or youth care
▪ Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
▪ Must be 18 or older
To apply: submit your Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email informing you that your application has been received. You will then receive a follow-up email to indicate who will be processing your application.
Only the selected candidate(s) will be contacted for an interview with our panel, and for further inquiries.
On completion of the student placement, ACT will require the students to write a complete feedback/progress report and submit it to the management of ACT.
Certificates of completion along-with recommendation letters have/will be issued to the students and volunteers.
For further inquiries call
visit our website at www.africancentretoronto.org